Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day 1 of CC & me

After spending the night in the dealer parking lot we finished delivery and started the trip home.

Nate helped me hook up Rita's Honda Fit for towing, & pulled me onto a side street. He got out & I was ready to drive off. I yelled for Rita to come up front....no answer. I walked to the back, no sign of her. I called her cell phone, shocker it was on the counter. All of a sudden I see her hustling down the street trying to catch up. She was in the RV store paying for some last minute items. All aboard!!

Then we trusted the new GPS to get us on our way. As usual the damn thing took us through town & there were some anxious moments while I'm driving this beast plus tow car, but we did it!!

Hopped up on the Florida tollway, wow you pay more for 5 axles A couple of times the booth attendant had to stretch to get to me, because I was tentative about pulling up close.

Started driving at 60 miles an hour and got pretty comfortable. Wound up cruising at 65.

We stopped at a couple of rest stops along the way for me to relax and stretch. One nice thing was our potty breaks were on our OWN toilet. That's a plus. Rita felt sorry for those travelers having to use the rest area toilets.

Our 1st night was in Georgia. Stopped at mile marker 5 in Lake Park, GA. Staying at Eagles Roost Park. We are nestled in the Spanish Moss covered trees.

 

Made some quick friends. There seems to be a design flaw in the tow car, when we unhooked it it wouldn't start. The new neighbor has had the same issue & had a battery booster pack to start us up. (We have one now).

Then broke out the baby Weber grill and grilled some pork steaks, cabbage & onions. Delicious!

Some other neighbors came by & Rita gave them a quick tour, then did a tour of their 1998 custom bus. She said it was like a million dollar rock star bus from way back....

Winding down the day with some drinks & jazz. I may never go back to work!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment