Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Georgia on my mind

Well we had a nice night at the Eagles Roost. That was a 210 mile drive from the dealership. We packed up & headed north on I-75
Getting better at driving her. Don't forget she's 43 feet plus another 18 feet for Rita's car. Cruised at a comfortable 65 mph. And stopped at a rest area for lunch. Leftover pork steak sandwiches.
My main goal was to get through Atlanta before rush hour. Mission accomplished, but a little interesting with everyone blowing by me. I chose to drive 2-3 miles under the speed limit.
We decided to stop outside Chattanooga, TN. Staying at Raccoon Mountain RV Resort. Haven't seen any raccoons yet but we're surrounded by the mountains.
We're getting pretty good at the campsite thing. Pulled in nearly perfect right off the bat.(Pull thru makes it easy). Stopped CC, put on the parking brake, hit the automatic leveling button, wait 2 minutes, extend the slides & she's all set.
Rita helped me hook up power, water & sewer. Total time 5 minutes. Beer in hand on a chair 10 minutes tops. Relaxed for an hour then threw some steaks on the grill, I may never go back to work.
Only issues we have is the "Hot exhaust" light came on, not sure what that means. Owners manual just said to use caution in Fire hazard areas.
Still trying to figure out all the remotes. We have 2 entertainment centers. One up from & one in the master bedroom. I've lost my AV touch. But I'll work on it.
So with the 210 miles yesterday & 360 miles today we decided to hit the pump. Wowza....
Seems like a lot, but the resorts are cheap. Eating at "home" and loving the views......

Now we're sitting in front of a campfire with a couple of cocktails blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment