Tuesday, June 24, 2014

CC @ CC

Just home 4 days from Mexico and we realized we missed CC. It is amazing how much we enjoy getting away from everything & slowing down the pace with CC.

We spent an hour & a half giving CC a bath & prepped her for a trip.

We booked a non lakeside slot at Coles Creek. We are really liking it out there. To change things up & save time I decided to take CC to work Friday morning, it saves my trip home & then the return trip with Rita following me back to SWIC to hook up her Fit.

I just parked CC out in the lot & Rita drove out to the college around 4pm. I actually gave my Dean a tour of CC. I got off work, walked out, hooked up the car & took off. (Saved us almost an hour.....)

We'll not quite.... Right after we attached Rita's car a storm rolled in. We hooked her up quick, but you can't drive off until you pull up a little & get the hitch arms to lock into place. Then make sure the car rolls freely so you have a safe tow.

So the question is do you sit & wait out the storm before leaving? Or send out the "co-pilot".

Co-pilot it is! Rita armed with an umbrella ran out, checked the lockout, verified the roll, & confirmed lights. Eastbound & down! (But still saved an hour)

Point of interest, I don't think we have been on a trip where it hasn't rained. So if you're suffering from a drought let me know & we'll head your way.

Weather cleared up, we got to Carlyle in great time. Slipped CC into her slot & did an actual full RV'r set up. Deployed all the canopies. Four window covers, door awning & the massive patio cover!

We strung party lights, hung out the flags, set out lawn chairs, lit the Tiki torches & started a fire. We're camping now baby!!!!

The plan was for Rita to drive into Belleville for a couple of morning appointments. She was going to drop me off at the golf course & I was going to play 18 holes.

But Brandi's babysitter plan didn't work out & daddy was no help so Papa to the rescue. Brandi dropped of Saxton, Mica & Kolton. Along with their bikes & we spent the day together. We rode to the playground & burned up some energy! Had a discussion on bugs. These kids have a strange fear of these flying creatures. Talked of the risks of bears in the woods,(none). And generally had a great day together, I think we went on 8 or 20 bike rides around the campgrounds. Found a squished frog, we checked him every circuit.

Had a nice lunch of P & J sandwiches, fresh fruit & animal crackers. Played catch. Saxton can toss a football with a nice spiral & he's only 5.

Eventually wound up in CC to watch "Rio" and rest in the cool air. The 2 little ones passed out. So it was some quiet time.

Rita's morning only appointments became a couple of afternoon ones but that's ok. She got out there & gave me a break.

We decided to have them stay for dinner & a fire. Rita broke out the games so the kids had fun waiting for mommy.

Grilled some chicken breasts & asparagus. Delicious!

Sat around the fire as, surprise, a storm rolled in. Brandi & the kids headed home. Rita & I fell asleep to the sounds of rain on the roof. Good sleeping weather.

Since we didn't get a chance to spend an adult day we decided to stay Sunday night & head in to work late Monday.

We slept in, had a great breakfast, then went fishing. Didn't catch anything but we had a great afternoon together.

So our leisurely drive in Monday took an odd turn. I was planning on getting in around noon. We're sitting on our site all packed up when I realized I was subbing for a teacher on campus at 11am. Holy crap, that's in an hour. Rita jumps out of CC & heads home to get me a change of clothes, of course, all I have is shorts & t-shirts.

I start driving to the college, thinking. The class is Police Report Writing. I have a daughter, who is a cop, who writes awesome reports & is off today. A quick call gets her out the door & 10-76..

I divert to home, park CC in her driveway & complete my leisurely drive to work. Thanks, Jackie......

Oh yeah, the title of today's blog. One of my nieces pointed out that we were at Coles Creek (CC) in CC. Maybe that's why we're so comfortable there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment